MPV Global voert op wereldwijd niveau diverse activiteiten uit tegen de schending van mensenrechten in de naam van islam. Hieronder vindt je een korte Engelstalige omschrijving, meer informatie is te vinden op www.mpvusa.org.
The Work We do
On a global level, MPV carries out activities geared at advocating against human rights abuses carried out in the name of Islam in Muslim-majority states. MPV particularly monitors human rights issues in Muslim-majority countries related to women’s rights, LGBTQI rights, freedom of and from religion and freedom of expression.
The activities carried out under MPV’s Global Advocacy Work fall under the following categories:
- Production, translation and dissemination of innovative educational materials addressing key areas of concern, such as infographics, social media content, short videos.
- Translation and dissemination of MPV’s shadow reports, policy briefs, statements.
- Production of statements, policy briefs and shadow reports to be shared with country representatives, policy makers, civil society and lay audience.
- Monitoring of human rights issues in Muslim-majority countries.
- Collection of grassroots information on human rights issues in Muslim-majority countries.
- Participating in debates, interactive dialogues, panel discussions and informal meetings with relevant Member States of the UN, civil society leaders and like-minded religious and non-religious non-governmental organizations.
- Organizing and attending parallel events and hosting of speakers, including scholars in Islam, progressive religious leaders and civil society leaders, to share their expertise and first-hand accounts on human rights issues to a global audience.
Advocacy and Outreach
- Sharing MPV’s mission, vision and guiding principles with women and LGBTQI human rights advocates, religious minority advocates, UN Member States, human rights NGOs and members of relevant UN human rights committees to build support and collaboration in preparing oral and written statements and when building advocacy campaigns.
- Promoting perspectives derived from MPV’s work and analyses to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), UN treaty bodies and special mechanisms, and international, regional, and national NGOs involved in international advocacy.
Learn more about the United Nations structure here >>>